Well, I'm pretty behind with blog updates. Funny how life gets in the way sometimes. In truth, there's not much to report about Kayden anymore because he has grown into such a terrific, well-rounded cat. I can't believe he's 10 months old now! He's still as playful as he was as a kitten, and now that he's a young man he's developed an extra helping of "affectionate". He has many traits that I've never had in a cat. He demands that we spend at least ten minutes cuddling each morning – he purrs heavily and sticks his paws into my hair, around my neck, and on my cheeks, then nuzzles me...
...then I hand him off to Sig for his share as I get ready for work – otherwise he stands on the bathroom counter and does his best to annoy me while I put on my makeup, chewing on my eyeliner and searching for q-tips to steal.His biggest joys are still those realistic toy mice covered in rabbit fur, plus any kind of dangling toy attached to a stick. He really likes us to be involved when he's playing! We've found those mice in bright colors now (harder to lose) and he prefers the ones that come with a little bean inside to make them rattle. His favourite thing is to chase them across the kitchen and push them under the stove, then sit and watch us crouch down and get them out with a long stick (the little trouble-maker).
He is still very curious about other people (jumps up to see who's at the door whenever he hears the doorbell ring), but he has grown a little fearful of strangers for some reason. If he catches a glimpse of the neighbour while we're walking him on the deck, he makes a b-line for the door. Once he gets to know someone for a few minutes, he warms up. But I'm really glad that he only trusts Sig and me. He's safer that way.
He still gives a gentle "mew" whenever he's asking for something he wants (which is very frequently), but when he gets ignored he knows how to belt out a nice "MEEOOW" now.He absolutely loves to sit in window sills (as he's doing right now, here in the office). We take him out on his leash as often as we can lately, now that the spring weather is creeping in, and he's getting more used to it. We are going to be moving in about a month, and we're excited that we'll be in a place where we can walk him in a bit of a grassy yard. And the new place isn't right on a busy street like our current one.
We'll keep you posted as we begin packing and making our move to the new place. I'm curious to see how Kayden handles it, but most likely he'll find adventure out of it, as he does with everything. I imagine his curiosity will appear the moment we pack the first couple boxes, which he'll of course have to climb all over. The change of habitat to the new apartment is the only thing I'm nervous about, but he does well when we visit the vet, so I think he'll be just fine. He's really a wonderful cat!
No comments:
Post a Comment