Aug 9, 2010

11 Weeks Old...

Kayden had his first vet appointment on Saturday (Aug. 7th) and the doctor told me that he's in very good health. The car ride wasn't nearly as stressful for him this time, and he actually seemed to have a good time at the vet - interesting things to see and smell! The only moment of tension he had was upon seeing a poster of a big cat on the wall. His tail puffed all up, and his eyes got wide, but I assured him it wasn't real. He is always up for something new. In about five weeks he'll have his second set of vaccinations, then he'll be done for quite a while. After we got home, Kayden got very sleepy, as the vet told me he would, and wasn't back to his normal self until partway into Sunday. He he's back to being a little terror. :)

Since day one, I've noticed that he doesn't eat much at mealtime, which I'm worried might be something he inherited from his finicky mother cat. He prefers to have little bites of food throughout the day, which is challenging with wet food. I've read that wet (canned) food shouldn't sit in the food dish for hours. There is dry food available for him at all times (as the vet suggested I do), but he need coaxing in order to eat it. He loves his treats, and would just eat those if I let him. Better than nothing, I suppose.

We've discovered his secret hiding spot - underneath a little two-drawer end table. No idea how he gets back behind and under it - it's such a narrow fit - but whatever makes him happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment